Monday, June 9, 2014

Zam-definition II

Zam-line: while waiting in line at a store one must stand right behind the person in front of you, even breating down his or her neck or other people with think you aren't in line and will cut in front of you.

In Zambia people don't have the same sense of personal space as we do in the States. My first experience standing in line at a checkout I was standing about one foot behind the person in front of me. Well, a person cut in front of me without saying anything to me. I was amazed. I didn't say anything because I remembered it mentioned there is not a personal space bubble like what I'm used to back home. Now when I stand in line at the store I am almost touching the person in front of me.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for all the wonderful updates. It seems you are quickly starting to fit in.

    ReplyDelete